Entry Date: 16 Apr 2018
Expiry Date: 21 Apr 2018
The HDA has the following three-year fixed-term contract position:
Assistant Town Planner
Location: Free State
Reference: JFB ATP (FS) 2018
Main Purpose: To provide technical support in terms of land acquisition, project planning and packaging for the development of human settlements.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Land and property identification:
· Implement a set of criteria for appropriate land identification
· Collect a variety of statistical data and prepare reports and maps on topics such as census information, land use
Collate and compile record information in support of land identification for human settlement developments
· Identify appropriate land and properties for the HDA
o Research opportunities related to land
o Identify suitable land for HDA to acquire
o Assess land in line with the HDA criteria and strategy
· Engage with stakeholders around pre-identified land
· Research viability of the land
· Assess the land line with the HDA criteria and strategy
Land Suitability Assessment:
· Assess land potential in terms of the approved pre-acquisition feasibility model in relation to:
o Geotechnical assessments
o Land use assessments
o Environmental impact assessments
o Financial feasibility assessments including valuations
o Integrated development and social infrastructure assessments
o Development potential and assessments
o Infrastructure capability and capacity assessment
o Any other relevant assessments
o Draft layout plans to support land release requests from government departments
o Develops planning studies and reports in support of HDA land acquisition programme
· Conducts field evaluations and assessment
· Provide support and information for submission of development applications
· Manage the land use management processes for the HDA
· Evaluates or assists in the evaluation of rezoning, statutory applications, site plans, and other town planning related plans and policies
· A relevant diploma/degree in Town Planning
· Two years’ experience in the built environment.
· Knowledge of GIS and AutoCAD or related spatial information systems will be an added advantage
· Sound knowledge and understanding of deeds information
· Knowledge of human settlements development be an added advantage
Please forward relevant CV in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position).
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 22 April 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing
date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: John Brouckaert - 011 267 2920
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to
make an appointment.