Entry Date: 17 Jun 2018
Expiry Date: 23 Jun 2018
The HDA has the following three-year fixed-term contract position:
Assistant Town Planner
Location: Region C - Mpumalanga
Main Purpose: To provide technical support in terms of land acquisition, project planning and packaging for the development of human settlements.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Land and property identification:
• Implement a set of criteria for appropriate land identification and manage the Land and Development Monitoring Pipelines
• Collect a variety of statistical data as well as prepare reports and maps on topics such as census information, land use
• Collate and compile land record information in support of land identification for human settlements developments
• Identify appropriate land and properties for the HDA
- Research opportunities related to land
- Identify suitable land for the HDA to acquire
- Assess land in line with the HDA criteria and strategy
• Engage with stakeholders around pre-identified land
• Research viability of the land
• Assess the land in line with the HDA criteria and strategy
Land suitability assessment:
• Assess land potential in terms of the approved pre-acquisition feasibility model in relation to:
- Geotechnical assessments
- Land use assessments
- Environmental impact assessments
• Financial feasibility assessments including valuations
- Integrated development and social infrastructure assessments
- Development potential and assessments
- Infrastructure capability and capacity assessment
- Any other relevant assessments
- Draft layout plans to support land release requests from government departments
- Develop planning studies and reports in support of the HDA land acquisition programme
• Conducts field evaluations and assessment
• Provide support and information for submission of development applications
• Manage the land use management processes for the HDA
• Evaluates or assists in the evaluation of rezoning, statutory applications, site plans, and other town planning related plans and policies
• A relevant diploma/degree in Town Planning
• One year’s or more experience in the built environment
• Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and AutoCAD or related spatial information systems will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of human settlements development will be an added advantage
Please forward relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 23 June 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Karabo Moerane – 010 5909422
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.