Entry Date: 27 Oct 2018
Expiry Date: 06 Nov 2018
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA
The HDA has the following permanent contract position:
Job Title: Communications Officer
Location: Head Office
Reference: CO JHB
Main Purpose: To support the line manager to perform the communications function.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Monthly reporting
• Administer production and stock level of all marketing material
• Assist to implement internal and external communications
• Assist to manage channels to effectively communicate corporate messages to all staff in a manner that is understandable, credible and enables staff to provide input
• Assist to manage close working relationships with relevant internal stakeholders
• Assist with implementing corporate identity guidelines
• Liaise with media as directed
• Source and package relevant information, including news gathering, on the work of the HDA for inclusion into various reports; the HDA website; the HDA staff newsletter; the HDA stakeholder newsletter etc.
• Taking photographs
• Provide support for promotional campaigns and strategies, including but not limited to, government road shows, launches/openings, sod-turning events
Reporting and Response Drafting:
• Draft responses and reports in the approved format to address requests for information from various parties and spheres of government and submit for review to the communications manager
• Format reports
• A relevant BA degree or equivalent qualification preferably in corporate communications, marketing, public relations and or journalism
• Computer literacy
• Two years’ experience in a communications or marketing environment
• Experience as a communications assistant
• Experience of the public sector environment is desirable
Please forward relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 6 November 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: John Brouckaert 011 267 2920
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.