Entry Date: 17 Jun 2018
Expiry Date: 23 Jun 2018
The HDA has the following three-year fixed-term contract position:
Main Purpose of the job:
To manage all aspects of the human settlements development projects programme management for mining towns, including programme design, scoping, development agreements and partnership agreements in the PPP environment. Provide inputs into the programme infrastructure and development contribution arrangements between government and the mining sector on identified priority projects. Provide development and technical support ranging from planning, development rights and project implementation support in mining towns.
Key Responsibility Area
Project and programme planning
• Prior to starting a project, conduct a comprehensive project planning process that includes delivery of:
o Comprehensive and development scope
o Resourcing plans
o Budget projection and evaluation
o Programme and project delivery timelines
o Risk evaluation matrix
• Present completed documents that identify and highlight potential:
o Risks associated with the development partnerships
o Opportunities for partnerships and development agreements
• Define and deliver:
o Project scope
o Detailed project plan with project timeframes and deliverables, and associated communication documents
o Project budget
• Secure appropriate resources of housing and related services to achieve project objectives
• Manage resources to deliver according to defined outputs and project plan deliverables
• Manage all site based meetings
• Develop service level agreements and contracts (including standard professional contracts) for resources on the projects, specifically the professional teams and sub-contractors
• Monitor and manage the performance of professional teams and sub-contractors to ensure delivery as stated in the project plan.
• Management of housing and related services project budget
• Management of relationships with key stakeholders and community representatives
• Controlling and coordinating the project:
o Human Resource Management
o Risk and
o Procurement Management
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
Develop and implement risk management plans and strategies for housing and related services projects
• Complete and present post implementation review to senior management and project team to identify successes, challenges and lessons from the project.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
• Contribute to project related procurement including
o Drafting terms of reference
o Providing input into procurement proposals
• Develop funding proposals
• Drafting, submission and presentation of housing and services project related management reports
• Select, assign, lead and manage people
• Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system
• Build and manage relationships with staff members
• Manage and support staff development
• Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions
• Implement the HDA HR policies and procedures as required
• Manage risks and address issues as they arise
• Manage implementation of work within established policies, systems, procedures, processes and practices
• Provide advice and assistance to others in order to ensure their compliance with policy and governance procedures
• Identify areas of non-compliance and implement corrective action
• A relevant degree or equivalent qualification is required, especially in built environment, development management and development planning
• Knowledge and in-depth understanding of dynamics of mining towns and challenges
• Experience in development partnership will be an added advantage
• Experience in national, provincial and municipal business planning cycles is essential
• Experience in the human settlements environment is critical Computer literacy
• Five years’ experience in a project manager role
• Experience in human settlements delivery value chain and business planning is essential
• Experience in housing construction and/or infrastructure based project management is required
• Experience in the delivery and project management of affordable housing projects is preferable
Please forward relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 24 June 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Sacha Meyerson (011) 883-5035
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.