Entry Date: 15 Oct 2017
Expiry Date: 22 Oct 2017
The HDA has the following three-years’ fixed-term contract position:
Engineer Location: Gauteng Reference: MIH-GP-10-2017
Main Purpose: To define, manage and monitor the HDA Engineering, infrastructure and project technical support to the province as well as capture or develop support products and tools, lessons learnt and good practices.
Key Responsibility Areas: Programme development
- Develop and maintain the programmeAlign programme to HDA strategic direction, policy and plans
- Take into account and accommodate sector development and changes in the programme approach and strategy tailored for specific service offering to organs of state. Programme support and services to clients
- Develop project plans to ensure achievement of agreed services
- Define project feasibility factors, resourcing requirements and project deliverables and time frames
- Develop project plans in line with HDA project service offering
- Develop appropriate terms of reference for the appointment of project resources
- Implement appropriate procurement practices to ensure appointment of required project resources in line with project timeframes
- Reporting in terms of service to client
- Accommodate any changes and/or specific related client request as part of programme offering.
Programme resource management and alignment:
- Procure required project resources by meeting the requirements of the HDA SCM policy
- Monitor performance and provide feedback to identified resources on performance
- Ensure alignment of external resources to project, regional and internal capacity support on the programme
Programme Budgeting and financial management:
- Develop project/programme budgets in line with agreed feasibilities and available funding
- Monitor project expenditure against budgets and project deliverables
- Address any project budget variances
- Provide feedback and input to overall HDA budget
- Develop support tools, products, lesson learnt and best practice
- Identify project design, planning, implementation, management and monitoring best practices that emerge from the HDA projects and programmes interventions
- Identify and develop possible support tools and product and opportunities
- Identify and develop opportunities to enhance and improve any existing support tools and products
- Review best practices developed and amend to accurately reflect lessons learnt
- Integrate lessons learnt into new project design, planning, implementation, management and monitoring methodologies.
- Registration with relevant professional body
- Civil Engineering degree or equivalent
- Project and programme management qualification required
- At least three years’ experience in government programmes and human settlement / housing programmes and policies is required
- Excellent understanding and at least 5 years’ working experience in a PFMA/MFMA and public entities environment
- At least five years’ experience in related construction sector and role players in the sector
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Computer literate.
Please forward relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered. Closing date for applications: 22 October 2017 CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Noxolo Phohleli/Wandile Mhlanga 011 6562863
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.