Entry Date: 11 Nov 2018
Expiry Date: 01 Dec 2018
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA
The HDA has the following three-years fixed-term contract position:
Job Title: Project Manager (ISU) Limpopo
Location: Region C– Limpopo
Reference: PM -ISU L11/2018
To support the Province in all aspects of ensuring that informal settlements upgrading (ISU) programme is delivered in line with provincial and national priorities, and to ensure that ISU projects are assigned to the HDA, and are delivered on time, within budget and to required specifications and quality.
The incumbent will:
• Ensure and assist with basic services provision in identified informal settlements
• Ensure that there is consistency in informal settlements data and categorization settlements and assisting with developing comprehensive upgrading plans for each settlement
• Assist with developing informal settlements upgrading strategies at provincial and municipal level in order to guide the upgrading implementation programme going forward
• Assist with conclusion and resolution of land tenure matters in various informal settlements in the province.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Oversee and assist the implementation of upgrading of informal settlements programme:
• Prepare a short term and medium-term implementation programme on ISU and assist the province with the prioritisation and alignment to the annual performance plans (APP) relating to the upgrading of informal settlements.
• Identify informal settlements projects and provide a roll-out plan for projects which require assistance with conclusion and resolution of land tenure matters.
• Provide support for project preparation work; compile a project plan highlighting project packaging services which will ensure effective implementation of appropriate service options based on investigations, feasibilities conducted, and envisaged urban development framework for each settlement.
• Manage the process of rapid assessments and verification of informal settlements status quo to determine appropriate development response per settlement.
• Develop provincial ISU strategies and provide support for implementation as well as monitoring.
• Develop a plan for project preparation/packaging work for ensuring that basic services are installed.
• Develop a plan for addressing resolution of land legal matters and agree on the plan with the province and municipalities.
• Facilitate the alignment to and develop a framework to ensure that provincial ISU strategy and implementation plans with municipal strategic documents such as IDP, Housing Sector Plans, Spatial Development Framework and BEPP.
• Prior to starting a project, conduct a comprehensive project planning process that includes delivery of:
o Project feasibility
o Project readiness
o Comprehensive scope
o Resourcing plans
o Budget projection and evaluation
o Project delivery deadlines
o Risk evaluation matrix
• Present completed documents that identify and highlight potential:
• Define and deliver:
o Project scope
o Detailed project plan with project timeframes and deliverables, and associated communication documents
o Project budget
• Secure appropriate resources of housing and related services to achieve project objectives.
• Manage resources to deliver according to defined outputs and project plan deliverables.
• Manage all site based meetings.
• Develop service level agreements and contracts (including standard professional contracts) for resources on the projects, specifically the professional teams and sub-contractors.
• Monitor and manage the performance of professional teams and sub-contractors to ensure delivery as stated in the project plan.
• Manage housing and related services project budget.
• Manage relationships with key stakeholders and community representatives.
• Control and coordinate the projects:
o Human Resource Management
o Risk and
o Procurement Management
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
• Develop and implement risk management plans and strategies for housing and related services projects.
• Complete and present post implementation review to senior management and project teams to identify successes, challenges and lessons from the project.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Contribute to project related procurement including:
o Drafting terms of reference
o Providing input into procurement proposals
• Develop funding proposals
• Draft, submit and present housing and services project related management reports
• Ensure adherence to quality in the delivery of housing infrastructure
• Develop and implement site inspection processes
• Ensure compliance with legal, contractual and safety requirements
• Ensure that onsite occupational Health and Safety requirements are met and complied with
• Select, assign, lead and manage people
• Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system
• Build and manage relationships with staff members
• Manage and support staff development
• Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions
• Implement the HDA human resources policies and procedures as required
• Manage risks and address issues as they arise
• Manage implementation of work within established policies, systems, procedures, processes and practices
• Provide advice and assistance to others in order to ensure their compliance with policy and governance procedures
• Identify areas of non-compliance and implement corrective action
• A relevant degree or equivalent qualification in the built environment is required
• A relevant project management qualification (NQF 5 or 6)
• Registration as a Construction Project Manager or other recognised equivalent professional accreditation will be a recommendation
• Computer literacy
• Five years’ experience in a project manager role
• Experience in housing construction and/or infrastructure-based project management is required
• Experience in the delivery and project management of affordable housing projects is preferable
Please forward relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 01 December 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Thuso Mokupi / Wandile Mhlanga 011 656 2863
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.