Entry Date: 07 May 2018
Expiry Date: 14 May 2018
The HDA has the following three-year fixed-term contract position:
Manager: Finance (Development Finance)
Reference: MIH- KZN-01-2018
Main Purpose: To ensure that the financial transfers from Head Office to Region C (KZN office) are managed appropriately, reported on and monthly reports are sent to the
department. Ensure that financial records are kept for all running projects in the Region.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Governance and administration:
- Manage good governance and compliance with audit, as well, as legislative requirements.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, when required.
- Manage the overall project finances of the Region so that projects are run effectively and that accurate financial information is provided to all stakeholders.
- Create a financial management system for all running projects in the Region.
- Reconcile all Medium Term Operational Plans (MTOP) transactions.
- Monitor the accurate allocation of expenses to relevant cost centres.
- Facilitate timeous processing of transactions.
- Manage project account balances to ensure that funds are used as planned.
- Compile the monthly, quarterly and year end reconciliation report to the department for all CPP transfers, project budgets and MTOP funds.
- Manage Regional budget and monitor overspending or underspending.
Projects finance management:
- Manage the monthly reporting of actual expenditure against budgets pertaining to projects.
- Oversee the management of monthly reporting of project cash flows.
- Develop a monthly tracking and reconciling system for projects’ capital and operational expenditure of the Region.
- Manage consultations and collaboration with departments relating to grants availed to the Region.
- Maintain appropriate relations with funders/grantors and draft reports as agreed, ensuring compliance with
implementation agreements and contracts.
- Review monthly grants reconciliations of the Region to ensure grant expenditure is aligned with the implementation protocols.
Financial modelling and development finance management:
- Perform cash flows analysis per project.
- Risk analysis on proposed developments.
- Perform cost benefit analysis on proposed projects.
- Viability testing of all development opportunities identified.
- Facilitate capital raising for development initiatives.
- Liaise and negotiate with banks on the best interest rate on capital raised.
- Ensure project fund mobilisation.
- Financial modelling on development opportunities embarked upon by the Region.
- Select, assign, lead and manage people.
- Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system.
- Build and manage relationships with staff members.
- Manage and support staff development.
- Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions.
- Implement the HDA human resources policies and procedures as required.
- Manage risks and address issues as they arise.
- A relevant BComm or business degree and post graduate degree/diploma or demonstrate the necessary competencies have been gained through experience.
- A minimum of nine years’ experience in development finance, project or government finance.
- Exposure to project packaging, financial modelling and project risk assessment.
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 14 May 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Noxolo Phohleli / Wandile Mhlanga: 011 656 2863
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.