Entry Date: 26 Aug 2018
Expiry Date: 01 Sep 2018
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA
The HDA has the following three year fixed term contract position:
Position: Manager: Subsidy and Beneficiary
Location: Western Cape
Reference: Manager: Subsidy & Beneficiary 2018
Main Purpose: To manage and lead the collection, capture of and reporting on data to support the effective takeover, handover and management of projects.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Develop, implement and manage systems to control and monitor:
o Receipt of information and documents from contractors relating to beneficiaries
o Quality of information and data
o Sorting of documents and data that has been received
o Capture of information of into various databases and spreadsheets
o Storage of documents and source data
o Tracking and resolving beneficiary queries
• Manage the quality of data that is captured into the database
• Manage the storage and safekeeping of source documents
• Manage duplication of source documents
• Manage the tracking and resolution of matters and queries arising from the helpdesk
• Design and implement database and spreadsheet formats
• Define reports to be sourced from databases and spreadsheets on which data is captured
• Access information and compile reports as required
• Collate periodic reports as required, including Helpdesk Queries and other operational requirements
• Liaise on outcomes from data collection and capturing with
o Local / provincial government departments
o Community Liaison Officers (regarding beneficiary)
• Liaise with Project Team and other stakeholders, including but not limited to the Department of Human Settlements and City of Cape Town, regarding information that requires correction or updating from beneficiaries
• Attend meetings as and when required
• Select, assign, lead and manage people
• Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system
• Build and manage relationships with staff members
• Manage and support staff development
• Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions
• Implement the HDA HR policies and procedures as required
• Manage risks and address issues as they arise
• A relevant post matric certification / diploma
• Computer literacy
• Competence in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
• Five to Six years’ experience in large administrative office. At least two years of this are at a staff supervisor level.
• Experience in housing construction and/or infrastructure based environment is preferred
• Experience in the delivery of affordable housing projects is preferable.
Please forward relevant CV ONLY (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 01 September 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: John Brouckaert – 011 267 2920
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.