Entry Date: 16 Jul 2018
Expiry Date: 22 Jul 2018
The HDA has the following three year fixed term contract position:
Programme Assistant: Administration and Operations (PMO)
Reference: PA: AO (PMO)
Main Purpose: To ensure that the Administration and Operation department is fully functional through facilitating, coordinating and supporting the Manager with the operational functions and administrative logistics.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Programme management support:
· Review the overall functioning of the PMO Administration and Support
· Assist with developing policies and procedures to facilitate the effective running of the various projects and programmes – specifically of the Command Centre
· Support and coordinate the project deliverable of the PMO team
· Assist in managing the Project Tracking tool and Dashboard updates
· Ensure that the policies and procedures are aligned with the broader HDA policies and procedures
· Ensure communication regarding related the policies and procedures across the projects
· Assist the Manager with the coordination of project deliverables
· Assist with monitoring and reporting on the status of projects
· Facilitate the gathering of relevant information and reports of the department
· Assist with the collation and the setting up of the department’s budget
· Provide support and minute taking in all relevant meeting (internal and external)
· Monitor and update stored information and data and provide monthly status reports
· Ensure all filling of all relevant departmental documents are managed, maintained and monitored
· Collect and collate financial information from department and projects
· Prepare draft financial reports for review and confirmation by Manager
· Review allocations and ensuring accurate financial reporting for PMO
· Liaise with Finance Division to ensure appropriate and accurate financial reporting and budgeting
· Provide general administrative support to the Manager: Administration and Operations PMO including:
o Preparing monthly and quarterly reports
o Researching and preparing required documentation as necessary
o Developing and implementing appropriate administrative systems to facilitate improving overall PMO department efficiency
o Assisting with establishing end- to end processes and systems to ensure an efficient department
o Supporting the Manager and team with administrative requirements
o Minute taking in all relevant meeting
o Reporting collation for the team on a monthly basis
o Assist with coordination and logistics of all internal meeting for Manager
o Provide administrative support and assistance to Managers and team
· Provide operational and administrative support to the PMO office and Manager
· Maintaining a diary and meeting schedules for management
· Liaison and facilitation of relationships with stakeholders including service providers
· Sourcing and booking venues and meetings rooms when required
· Ensure set-up for critical meetings are in order i.e. tools, documentations, projectors etc.
· Drafting, receiving and routing documents, ensure follow ups and distribution of relevant documentation (agenda’s, minutes, report, presentations etc.) for meetings as required
· Grade 12 or equivalent senior certificate
· A relevant admin or business administration qualification (National Diploma)
· Five years’ related experience in similar role
· Competent in MS Office package, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word
· Experience in basic management
Please forward relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: John Brouckaert – 011 267 2920
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.