Entry Date: 21 Oct 2017
Expiry Date: 29 Oct 2017
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public development agency that promotes sustainable communities by making well-located and appropriately planned land and buildings available for the development of housing and human settlements. As its primary activity, the Agency assembles and releases public, private and communal land for development. Its main objectives are to identify, acquire, hold, develop and release well-located land and buildings, and to provide project management support and housing development services. The HDA also intends to grow its mandate as a developer of human settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
The HDA has the following three-year fixed-term contract position:
Project Manager: Project Implementation
Location: Bloemfontein (Free State)
Reference: JFB PMPI (FS) 2017
Main Purpose: To manage all aspects of the Human Settlements Development projects of the HDA, that has been assigned and to ensure delivery on time, within budget and to required specifications and quality.
Key Responsibility Areas:
· Prior to starting a project, conduct a comprehensive project planning process that includes delivery of:
o Project feasibility
o Project readiness
o Comprehensive scope
o Resourcing plans, scheduling and identifying all interrelated tasks and their dependencies
o Budget projection and evaluation
o Project delivery deadlines
o Risk evaluation and mitigation matrix
· Present completed documents that identify and highlight potential:
· Define and deliver:
o Project scope
o Detailed project plan with project timeframes and deliverables, and associated communication documents
o Project budget and management thereof
· Secure appropriate resources for projects implementation and related services to achieve project objectives.
· Manage resources to deliver according to defined outputs and project plan deliverables.
· Manage all site based meetings and communication with stakeholders (professional teams, Municipalities, Provincial Department of Human Settlements and other project sponsors etc).
· Develop service level agreements and contracts (including standard professional contracts) for resources on the projects, specifically the professional teams and sub-contractors.
· Monitor and manage the performance of professional teams and sub-contractors to ensure delivery as stated in the project plan.
· Management of engineering, top structure and related services project budget.
· Management of relationships with key stakeholders and community representatives.
· Take responsibility for controlling and coordinating the projects:
o Human Resource Management
o Risk and
o Procurement Management
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
· Develop and implement risk management plans and strategies for housing and related services projects.
· Complete and present post implementation review to senior management and project teams to identify successes, challenges and lessons from the project.
· Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
· Contribute to project related procurement including:
o Drafting terms of reference
o Providing input into procurement proposals
o Analysing survey, mapping reports from clients
o Undertaking technical and feasibility studies
o Resolving design and development problems
o Undertake complex calculations
o Maintain the project critical path to ensure efficient execution
o Influence project strategy to ensure that deliverables are met
· Develop funding proposals
· Drafting, of project related reports keeping stakeholders abreast of organizational capacity risks
· Manage and provide oversight on site on engineering and other related matters
· Ensure adherence to quality in the delivery of housing infrastructure
· Develop and implement site inspection processes
· Ensure compliance with legal, contractual and safety requirements
· Ensure that onsite occupational Health and Safety requirements are met and complied with
· Select, assign, lead and manage people
· Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system
· Build and manage relationships with staff members
· Lead teams and manage and support staff development
· Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions
· Implement the HDA HR policies and procedures as required
· Manage risks and address issues as they arise
· Manage implementation of work within established policies, systems, procedures, processes and practices
· Provide advice and assistance to others to ensure their compliance with policy and governance procedures
· Maintain all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits and overall design approvals from the Municipality
· Identify areas of non-compliance and implement corrective action
· A Civil Engineering degree
· A relevant project management qualification (NQF 5 or 6)
· Registration with ECSA as an Engineer or SACPCMP as Construction Project Manager
· Computer literacy preferably on MS Word, Excel, MS Projects
· Eight years’ experience as a construction project manager
· Experience in managing major construction projects over R200 million in building of houses or buildings, roads and water construction
· Experience in the delivery and project management of affordable housing projects will be an advantage
Please forward relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 29 October 2017
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: John Brouckaert - 011 267 2920
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.