Entry Date: 16 Apr 2018
Expiry Date: 21 Apr 2018
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares land as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and other affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za
The HDA has the following three-year fixed-term contract position:
Project Manager: Western Cape
Location: Western Cape
Main Purpose of the Job: To manage all aspects of the human settlements development projects of the HDA, that have been allocated and to ensure delivery on time, within budget and to required specifications.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Participate in the management of the Provincial Office.
• Contributing at a managerial level to the overall effective functioning of the HDA assigned projects in the Province.
• Ensuring integration of the different functions within the regional office to ensure optimal delivery of the HDA mandate on assigned projects.
• Ensure the alignment of projects to the broader HDA strategy and strategic intention.
• Prior to starting a project, conduct a comprehensive project planning process that includes delivery of:
o Comprehensive scope
o Resourcing plans
o Budget projection and evaluation
o Project delivery deadlines
o Risk evaluation matrix
• Present completed documents that identify and highlight potential:
• Define and deliver:
o Project scope
o Detailed project plan with project timeframes and deliverables, and associated communication documents
o Project budget
• Secure appropriate resources of housing and related services to achieve project objectives
• Manage resources to deliver according to defined outputs and project plan deliverables
• Manage all site based meetings
• Develop service level agreements and contracts (including standard professional contracts) for resources on the projects, specifically the professional teams and sub-contractors
• Monitor and manage the performance of professional teams and sub-contractors to ensure delivery as stated in the project plan.
• Management of housing and related services project budget
• Management of relationships with key stakeholders and community representatives
• Controlling and coordinating the project:
o Human Resource Management
o Risk and
o Procurement Management
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
• Develop and implement risk management plans and strategies for housing and related services projects
• Complete and present post implementation review to senior management and project team to identify successes, challenges and lessons from the project
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
• Contribute to project related procurement including
o Drafting terms of reference
o Providing input into procurement proposals
• Develop funding proposals
• Drafting, submission and presentation of housing and services project related management reports
• Develop and implement site inspection processes
• Ensure compliance with legal, contractual and safety requirements
• Ensure that onsite occupational Health and Safety requirements are met and complied with
• Select, assign, lead and manage people
• Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system
• Build and manage relationships with staff members
• Manage and support staff development
• Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions
• Implement the HDA HR policies and procedures as required
• Manage risks and address issues as they arise
• Manage implementation of work within established policies, systems, procedures, processes and practices
• Provide advice and assistance to others in order to ensure their compliance with policy and governance procedures
• Identify areas of non-compliance and implement corrective action
• Relevant Degree in Engineering or Construction or equivalent built environment discipline
• Relevant project management qualification (NQF 5 or 6) or accreditation/registration
• Computer literacy
• Five years’ experience in a project manager role
• Experience in housing construction and/or infrastructure based project management is required
• Experience in the delivery and project management of affordable housing projects is preferable
Please forward relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 21 April 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Sacha Meyerson 011 883-5035
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.