Entry Date: 19 Sep 2018
Expiry Date: 26 Sep 2018
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA
The HDA has the following permanent contract position:
Specialist: Facilities Officer
Location: Head Office (HO)
Main Purpose: To coordinate and facilitate the maintenance of the HDA infrastructure, buildings, and assets.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Building management maintenance:
• Receive maintenance calls logged by staff members and liaise with the relevant service provider to attend to the maintenance request
• Coordinate building maintenance contractors’ response to repair requests within the allocated turnaround time
• Monitor that all repairs and maintenance to buildings and infrastructure are performed properly
• Coordinate maintenance of the Head Office in accordance with Health and Safety regulations
• Liaise with the appointed Landlord on property management matters
• Monitor performance of cleaning contractors to ensure that agreed levels of cleanliness are achieved
• Coordinate the pest control and deep cleaning services on a quarterly basis at Head Office in accordance with service level agreements
• Compile maintenance reports for submission to the Information Technology (IT) Manager
• Check that all building areas are in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act, with emergency exits clearly marked
• Monitor that the design of existing or new offices are in compliance to the standardised design of the HDA
• Coordinate refurbishment projects for new and existing offices
• Administer the maintenance of the security systems and schedule regular maintenance and testing to ensure response time in an emergency is adequate
• Coordinate and monitor the safe storage of excess furniture
• Manage the reception area to ensure the reception desk is sufficiently resourced at all times and that the image of the HDA is maintained
• Purchase office consumables for Head Office to ensure sufficient supply of groceries and stationery
• Conduct monthly stock takes to determine the level of stock is maintained and produce reports for submission to the IT Manager
Maintenance of office equipment:
• Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment to ensure equipment is in sound working order at all times
• Arrange for the servicing of office equipment in accordance with service level agreement terms and conditions
Service provider management:
• Monitor the performance of service providers in accordance with procurement policies and procedures
• Monitor compliance of all suppliers used by the HDA to legislation and regulations
• Maintain a central supplier database
• Resolve supplier disputes with the HDA and escalate to IT Manager when required
• Support the drive in BEE procurement throughout the HDA to achieve the appropriate BEE targets
• Provide advice and support to service providers during the tender process
• Maintain sound business relationships with service providers
• A minimum of a national diploma in office administration or facilities management or equivalent
• A minimum two to three years’ experience in facilities maintenance or office administration.
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com.
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 26 September 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Sacha Meyerson 011 8835035
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.