Entry Date: 25 Nov 2018
Expiry Date: 01 Dec 2018
The HDA has the following three-year fixed-term contract positions:
Specialist: Knowledge Management
Location: Head Office (HO)
Reference: SKM-AP 2018
Main Purpose: To synthesise knowledge generated and lessons learnt, and to position the HDA as a knowledge producer, publisher, promoter and the premier reference point on land assembly issues and project management services
Key Responsibility Area
• Implement the Knowledge Management Framework of the HDA by initiating strategies with key partners
• Connect silos of practice and information across the HDA by heightening awareness of the importance and function of knowledge within the organisation using knowledge training events for staff
• Facilitate processing of knowledge sets in support of key decisions with strategic in partners.
• Prepare and submit record of seminars, workshops and conference proceedings as per agreed targets.
• Promote the Think Tank reputation of the HDA within the sector
• Facilitate community participation and access of a level of land and project information to beneficiary communities and non-government organisations
• Use action research and knowledge products to influence, lobby and advocate for changes in policy and practice within the sector
• Promote the use of project-close out reports emphasizing lessons learnt, both for projects on the ground and for processes relating to the development and implementation of policies, strategies, tools, and research.
• Plan and conduct knowledge sharing session by way of seminars, workshops and conferences in consultation with strategic partners.
• Ensure that Knowledge Information as disseminated is accurate and in line with the due diligence systems and procedures of the Agency.
• Establish a central knowledge base, as the repository for knowledge products and records of the outputs of knowledge events and networks
• Design an intraweb platform to host knowledge products and sharing activities
• Plan and implement a programme of regular internal knowledge events (learning spaces), e.g. brown bag sessions, knowledge cafés, webinars
• Host external knowledge events around specific innovations and themes
Best Practice & Innovation
• Synthesise, assess and analyse emerging best practice and innovation in Land and Human Settlements sector to enhance Agency performance
• Identify and support emerging practices in land development and management that may result in new innovation.
• Facilitate piloting of innovations amongst key stakeholders
• Convert emerging practice within the HDA into sharable and integrated knowledge
• Support in the management of administrative support to ensure the effective functioning of the department by:
o Scheduling of meeting with key stakeholders
o Preparation and distribution of meeting and workshop packs, reports and minutes,
o Capturing of key decision and resolutions as well as compiling the action list for all various stakeholders,
o Drafting of progress of performance reports against the agreed Annual Performance Plan, targets and indicators.
o Compile the strategic risk register
o Contribute to the development of M&E and KM&R Business Plan for the department,
o Support the promotion of the Agency’s M&E products through workshops, seminars and relevant forums.
• A relevant qualification (degree or similar) in the Built Environment sector (preferably Development / Property studies or Engineering or Architecture or Town Planning)
• Excellent report writing and communications skills
• Minimum three years of work experience in Land Management or Housing Development, project management and action research
• Experience in the human settlements sector will be an advantage
• Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel
• Competent at MS Office, AutoCad, GIS, Sketchup
Please forward relevant CV in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position).
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 1 December 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Sacha Meyerson 011 883-5035
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.