Entry Date: 25 Nov 2018
Expiry Date: 01 Dec 2018
The HDA has the following three-year fixed-term contract positions:
Specialist: Monitoring & Evaluation
Location: Head Office (HO)
Reference: CSME -AP 2018
Main Purpose: To undertake all Monitoring and Evaluation functions related to land assembly as well as the implementation of Human Settlements programmes and projects from inception up to post close-out stage. In addition, generate relevant Monitoring and Evaluation indicators to track Transformation Targets and measure the impact of the Spatial Transformation Agenda. Moreover, provide recommendations to the HDA on the findings of the land parcels monitored and the HDA led projects evaluated and ensure its implementation in the respective projects and programmes.
Programme Monitoring & Evaluation
• Implement M&E plans/systems for the coordinated design, planning, management and monitoring of Programmes / projects within identified priority areas
• Review the municipal and provincial business plans with the Medium Term Strategic Framework (MTSF) within the identified priority areas to align with the HDA’s strategic plan towards ensuring the achievement towards the 1.5 million housing opportunities,
• Review and assess the local and regional Spatial Development Framework/Integrated Development Plans and sector related strategies (sanitation, water, energy, transportation, green efficiency etc.), policies and framework and align to project approaches to ensure Spatial Transformation outcomes,
• Conduct evaluation/ assessment studies of key projects/programmes to ensure the achievement of development outcomes
• Assess and review the baseline findings of land parcels/projects and formulate recommendations on key actions in line with the HDA land and housing targets,
• Collect, compile and analyse data from reports submitted by project and programme managers and prepare consolidated progress reports with recommendations
• Prepare due diligence assessment on land acquisition proposal and technical reports for approval levels,
• Manage the site evaluation and compile the relevant reports of Human Settlement Project and infographics with recommendations,
• Conduct regular site inspections to verify the utilisation of all land that was acquired and released and ascertain the current status of the development,
• Prepare a SWOT analysis for each land parcel monitored and project evaluated
• Review M&E findings and best practices and disseminate information to stakeholders to facilitate evidence-based planning, learning and informed decision-making
• Engage with relevant stakeholders in provinces and municipalities to create relationships and track relevant information,
• Conduct regular site inspections to evaluate how the human settlements development is contributing to the Spatial Transformation Agenda,
• Compile data for on-going reviews and updates of M&E plans/systems within the HDA
• Conduct post close-out stage assessments /site evaluations to measure Transformation Targets in terms of land, Minister’s six pack, integration, socio-economic development, transversal alignment, urban management, quality, functional & equitable residential property markets, public safety and return on investment.
Monitoring and evaluation system/dashboard development, management and maintenance
• Manage and maintain the Monitoring and Evaluation database and /or dashboard of land parcels and projects to measure effectiveness of spatial targeting,
• Ensure that datasets, databases and supporting information adhere to the M & E standards, procedures, and
• Monitor the performance of the M&E database and/ or dashboard through reviewing system utilization.
Land parcels / Projects Administrative activities
• Manage assigned land parcels/projects administrative activities to ensure the effective functioning of the department by:
o Scheduling of meeting with key stakeholders (i.e. Exco, Programme Managers, Project manager, Municipality Official, Community Liaison Officers),
o Preparation and distribution of meeting and workshop packs, reports and minutes,
o Engaging in decision making and resolutions as well as compiling the action list for all various stakeholders,
o Compilation of technical reports and presentations for promotion of the HDA’s functions and mandate, and
o Drafting of progress of performance reports against the agreed Annual Performance Plan, targets and indicators.
o Compiling the risk register for the monitoring of land parcels and evaluation of HDA led projects.
o Contributing to the development of M&E Business Plan for the department,
• Support the promotion of the Agency’s M&E products through workshops, seminars and relevant forums.
• A relevant qualification (degree or similar) in the Built Environment sector (preferably Architecture or Construction management or Engineering or Development/Property studies or Town Planning)
• Excellent report writing and communications skills
• Minimum three years of work experience in Project management, Information systems, land management or housing development
• Experience in the human settlements sector will be an advantage
• Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel
• Competent at MS Office, AutoCad, GIS, Sketchup
Please forward relevant CV in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position).
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 1 December 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Sacha Meyerson 011 883-5035
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.