Entry Date: 09 Sep 2018
Expiry Date: 18 Sep 2018
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA
The HDA has the following five-year fixed-term position:
Specialist: Programme Manager
Location: Western Cape
Main Purpose: To control and coordinate all material aspects of projects and project managers that are responsible for projects to ensure developments are completed on time, within budget and to specifications while meeting all role-player expectations.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Contribute as a manager to the overall effective functioning of the PDHS assigned projects
• Ensure integration of the different functions within the regional PDHS office to ensure optimal delivery of the PDHS mandate on assigned projects
• Ensure the alignment of projects to the broader PDHS strategy and strategic intention.
• Establish and enhance systems to implement and manage a range of projects and project managers simultaneously
• Establish a coordinated communication system for all active projects
• Develop and implement a project risk management framework
• Recognise key project constraints facing the projects and coordinate the successful resolution of the challenges
• Develop and manage the implementation of project plans
• Oversee project teams, including internal and external stakeholders and participants
• Drive and manage project technical meetings
• Manage and monitor the implementation of a project communication plan
• Manage the project budgets and monitoring variances
• Draft and manage project reporting
• Chair allocated technical and progress meetings
• Manage health and safety on all project sites
• Ensure legal and contractual compliance on all project sites
• Monitor that projects meet role player requirements
• Manage and implement a professional and technical service to the Provincial Department of Human Settlements and Municipalities within the Province of the Western Cape which, includes evaluating the following:
o Human settlement development project application and planning design against engineering standards and National Housing Code and National Funding programmes such as Human Settlements Development Grant and Urban Settlement Development Grant.
o Business plans, technical manuals for the design of infrastructure, cost effective designs, standard drawings and procedures to incorporate innovative technologies into human settlements development projects.
• Manage the project budgeting and cash flows
• Manage the liaison with project related stakeholders
• Manage the development of project roles and resourcing plans
• Manage the allocation of resources (both internal and external) and required outputs
• Manage the development of project plans
• Agree on project milestones and reporting requirements on projects
Project funding management
• Control the standard of funding applications
• Monitor the project funding progress
• Identify and address project funding challenges
• Select, assign, lead and manage people
• Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system
• Build and manage relationships with staff members
• Manage and support staff development
• Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions
• Implement the PDHS human resources policies and procedures as required
• Manage risks and address issues as they arise
• A relevant degree in engineering or construction or an equivalent in the built environment discipline
• A valid driver’s license
• Computer literacy
• Ten to twelve years’ experience in a project management role. A minimum of five years of this experience must be at management level
• Registration as a Construction Project Manager or other recognised equivalent professional accreditation
• Experience in housing construction and/or infrastructure-based project management
• Experience in the delivery and project management of low income/affordable housing projects is preferable.
Please forward relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com.
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 18 September 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Thumeka Mtwentwe on 012 663 2087
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.