Entry Date: 26 Aug 2018
Expiry Date: 01 Sep 2018
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA
The HDA has the following permanent position:
Specialist: Research & Planning
Main Purpose of Job: To conduct innovative action research and formulate strategies with key stakeholders to implement the action research recommendations in selected projects within the sector.
Key Responsibility Area
Action research and planning
• Formulate relevant research and planning agenda in consultation with key partners
• Review government policies and develop appropriate strategies and policies for the Agency to support the land and housing mandates
• Research and develop approaches to development planning and land management instruments with partnerships in line with the Transformation Targets of the sector
• Develop analytical and support tools to improve the ability of effective land assembly and project management within the sector
• Conduct action research on strategic areas with Land and Housing with an aim to enhance the Agency’s products and services
• Compile technical and strategic reports and presentations for promotion of the Agency’s functions and mandate
• Provide technical expertise to strategic partners in research and policies development areas.
Action research implementation
• Establish and promote the HDA’s Think Tank Reputation
• Develop and implement the Policy Index of the HDA
• Maintain and enhance the Housing Market Dashboard with respect to property transactions, churn, market potential etc.
• Develop and maintain the Land Market Dashboard for the HDA
• Engage with key public and private partners for support and required commitments
• Support national, provincial and municipal partners in review and application of relevant action research and policies necessary for the desired outcome of spatial transformation.
• Translate action research findings into infographics and ensure its dissemination
• Publish the action research reports undertaken and ensure its dissemination
• Communicate research and planning status, engage on an on-going basis, through reports, workshops and feedback session
• Establish the EDGE rating of HDA led projects
• Manage administrative activities to ensure the effective functioning of the department by:
o Scheduling of meeting with key stakeholders
o Preparation and distribution of meeting and workshop packs, reports and minutes,
o Capturing of key decision and resolutions as well as compiling the action list for all various stakeholders,
o Drafting of progress of performance reports against the agreed Annual Performance Plan, targets and indicators.
o Compile the strategic risk register
o Contribute to the development of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Knowledge Management and Research Business Plan for the department,
o Support the promotion of the Agency’s M&E products through workshops, seminars and relevant forums.
• A relevant qualification (degree or similar) in the Built Environment sector (preferably Development / Property studies or Engineering or Architecture or Town Planning) is required
• Excellent report writing and communications skills
• Minimum three years of work experience in Land Management or Housing Development, project management and action research
• Experience in the human settlements sector will be an advantage
• A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel
• Competent at MS Office, AutoCAD, GIS, Sketchup.
Please forward relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position).in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 1 September 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Sacha Meyerson (011) 883-5035
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.