Entry Date: 01 Aug 2021
Expiry Date: 15 Aug 2021
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares land as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and other affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the following three-year fixed term contract position:
REPORTING LINE: CEO
REF : HDA – MS / 2021
Main Purpose: To manage and coordinate executive secretarial services for HDA CEO including agendas, minutes, typing, printing and finalisation of resolutions and other correspondence in line with relevant policies, processes and regulations of Agency.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Manager and Coordinate the Executive secretariate function
• To be responsible for the preparation and dispatch of agenda and minutes of a number of the committees of the HDA CEO and ad hoc working groups, ensuring that they are in line with good practice and comply with the provisions of the HDA mandate and regulations.
• Communicating with the Company Secretary and Committee Chairpersons to establish items for inclusion on the agenda and the submission of investigation/comments/general reports and proposals supporting agenda items;
• To provide advice and support to committee Chairpersons and members to ensure effective decision making by those committees.
• Performing specific secretarial service at meetings with regards to circulation and completion of attendance registers, recording details of proceedings/discussions proposals and recommendations, and making available of copies of correspondence referred to in discussions to members;
• To provide advice and support to Directors, Heads of Departments and report authors about the development of reports and agenda.
• To initiate and draft reports, briefing notes, correspondence, action sheets and other committee related papers.
• To attend and take clear and accurate formal minutes at committees, boards and ad hoc working groups.
• preparing correspondence arising from meetings, including following up the implementation of recommendations
• To liaise with Heads of Departments, key staff, external committee members, etc, to ensure that actions agreed at meetings have been carried out
2. Governance and Administration support
• To carry out other duties relating to the governance of the HDA, which may include but are not limited to:
o projects arising from committee decisions
o providing support for projects and other work initiated by the CEO, Executive Committees or HDA Board
o Assisting in the revision and production of HDA policies and Regulations
o Manager Logistics related to CEO and Executive Committee meetings
• Referring to legislation, Committee resolutions and regulations to enable formulation of resolutions and recommendations arising out of discussions in Committees
• Recording and updating registers of attendees to Committee meetings;
• Updating Committee files and records inserting attendance registers, notifications, correspondence and minutes in accordance with established referencing sequences
• Responsible for the drafting, evaluation, processing, and administration of new and existing intermediary contracts and related functions all within the agreed communication channels
• You will further assist with research, legal drafting, and updates concerning the organisation secretariat compliance.
• Matric and a secretarial diploma
• The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Skilled at managing competing priorities under pressure
• Skilled at developing and managing multiple stakeholders and their demands
• 6 - 8 years related work experience
• Advanced level proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Excellent grammatical and editing capability
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to HR@phakipersonnel.co.za
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
Closing date for applications is the 15 August 2021.
For enquiries please contact Rebecca Hatlane on 011 941 1953