Entry Date: 10 Feb 2024
Expiry Date: 18 Feb 2024
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that inter alia has the mandate to identify, acquire, prepare and develop suitable land for human settlements. The agency also undertakes the programme and project management for development of housing and human settlements. The HDA carries out its functions in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government as well as with communities, developers and financiers. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements.
For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za
Follow us on X @the_hda and on Facebook: The Housing Development Agency.
LinkedIn @The Housing Development Agency
The HDA has the following Three Year Fixed-term contract position:
Location: Head Office, Johannesburg
Reporting Line: IT Manager
Main Purpose: Supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and providing efficient desktop support to all business users. Also responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended within the business.
Key Performance Areas:
1. IT Support
• Responsible for managing backups and tape rotation.
• Diagnose and resolve technical issues.
• Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager.
• Provide desktop and server support.
• Support and maintain MS Server, Desktops and MS Exchange.
• Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops.
• Install authorized software to laptops and desktops.
• Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops.
• Fault-finding to laptops and desktops.
• Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops, and laptops.
• Completing internal user moves including phones.
• Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained.
• Setting up and configuring new core servers.
• Installing authorized software to core servers.
• Ensuring patches and upgrades are applied to core servers.
• Fault-finding to core servers.
• Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware or software.
• Ensuring all software purchased licensing is recorded and maintained.
• Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes.
• Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements.
• Providing support for laptops and desktops.
• Resolve issues as far as possible.
2. Network Support
⦁ Patching of network and phones.
⦁ Making of network cables were necessary.
⦁ Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops.
⦁ Diagnose and resolve technical issues.
⦁ Implement and support virtual servers and desktops using VMware Virtual Infrastructure.
⦁ Planning future improvements, suggesting IT solutions to business problems.
⦁ Network maintenance.
⦁ Day to day admin and monitoring of network use.
3. Qualifications & Experience
• Relevant 3+ year tertiary IT / Computer qualification.
• MCSE or similar.
Remuneration Scale: R394 200 – R492 750 per annum (all-inclusive package)
Closing date for applications is 18 February 2024.
To submit your application, please send an email HDARecruitCIO@thehda.co.za
When submitting your application for a position, please adhere to the following:
1. CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered.
2. The Job Title and Reference number for the relevant position must appear in the subject line of your application.
3. The CV must be in PDF format.
4. Copies of all qualifications must be provided.
5. Copies of identity document must be provided.
6. Two contactable references must be provided.
Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within twenty-one (21) working days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful. Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Conditions of service: ● The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA’s Employment Equity Policy and priority given to people living with disabilities and females ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
The HDA operates in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 3 of 2013 (“POPI Act”), and by submitting your personal information to the HDA (by way of application and/or providing any other documentation as may be required during the recruitment process), you agree that the HDA may utilise and process your personal information in accordance with the POPI Act.