Entry Date: 05 Feb 2018
Expiry Date: 11 Feb 2018
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares laer affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.nd as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and oth
The HDA has the following three-year fixed-term contact
Operations Support Coordinator Location: Johannesburg
Reporting Structure: Corporate Support
Reference: AP – OSC0118
- Human Resources
- Heads of other Business Units
- All staff
External Service Providers
Main Purpose of Job: To ensure that the Business Unit is fully functional through facilitating, coordinating and supporting the Head with the operational functions and administrative logistics.
- Stakeholders and Role players
Business Unit Support
Financial Planning and Management
- • Develop and implement office management systems that facilitate in the smooth operation of the
- • Office and Support a pleasant working environment
- • Assisting with the logistics of site office set up and maintenance requirements ate these offices
- • Managing office procurement requirements
- • Design and implement business continuity procedures to ensure business stability in the event of a crisis
- • Attend to health and safety requirements within the office environment
- • Facilitate the gathering of relevant information and reports of the Business Unit
- • Assist with the collation and the setting up of the Unit’s budget
- • Oversee storage and maintenance of existing documents within the document management system
- • Provide training to users e.g. project teams, project administrators; on usage of electronic version of the document management system
- • Monitor and update stored information and data
- • Maintain database of service providers, clients and other key stakeholders
- • Provide regular feedback to the Head of Business Unit regarding operational responsibilities
- • Ensure that proper record keeping (statistics) are retained and updated regularly and prepare and submit statistical/statutory reporting as appropriate
- • Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly performance reports
- • Assist in preparing the Head of Business Unit s Office budget and monitor and track expenditure.
- • Ensure compliance and adherence to HDA procurement processes both internally and as related to service providers
- • Manage variance reporting in conjunction with the Head of Business Unit
General Operations Support
- • Ensure new staff receive induction and orientation training and all details are loaded on the relevant HR
- • Practise sound labour relations within the approved conditions of service with regard to HDA staff
- • Creation and implementation of a system that create accessible information to all users within the various programmes
- • Provide operational and administrative support to the regional offices when required
- • Maintaining a diary and meeting schedules management for the Head of Business Unit
- • Liaison and facilitation of relationships with stakeholders including service providers and government official with the Head of Business Unit and Management
- • Sourcing and booking venues and meetings rooms when required
- • Ensure set-up for critical meetings are in order i.e. tools, documentations, projectors etc.
- • Drafting, receiving approvals and distribution of relevant documentation (agenda’s, minutes, report, presentations etc.) for meetings as required
- • Ensuring smooth running of event and quick resolution of any issues on the day.
- • A Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- • A relevant Admin or Business administration qualification (national diploma)
- • 5-8 years’ experience in a similar role
- • Competent in MS Office package, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word
- • Experience in basic management
Please forward a relevant CV in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position).
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 11 February 2018
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Sacha Meyerson 011 883-5035
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.