Entry Date: 15 May 2021
Expiry Date: 30 May 2021
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares land as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and other affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the following three-year fixed-term contract position:
RECORDS & DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT (GAUTENG)
REPORTING LINE: HEAD: CORPORATE SUPPORT
Ref: HDA – RDM-GP-521
Main Purpose: To develop and implement an enterprise-wide records and documents management system to ensure the effective storage and retrieval of documents across the national HAD structure in line with the National Archives Act.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Information and Records Management System Design and Implementation:
• Develop and implement a fully compliant Records and Documents management system for the HDA.
• Develop the classification systems) and protocols to enable retrieval of information.
• Design a file plan based on the functions of the organization and its business processes.
• Liaise with National Archives and Records Service (NARS) for approval of the file plan.
• Implement and maintain the file plan.
• Ensure a record storage system.
• Ensure that audio-visual, micrographic records are managed and stored.
• Conduct an audit of record keeping and records management practices against the legal requirements.
• Implement a complete electronic and manual record and document management fiI1ng system.
2. Information and Records Management Policy and Procedure Development:
• Develop a records management policy that complies with the National Archives Act.
• organization’s functions and environment
• Implement the necessary supportive procedures to achieve the aims of the policy.
• Ensure the effective storage and movement tracking of documents.
• Ensure a systematic disposal programme and disposal policy.
• Dispose of records in a compliant manner.
3. Record Storage:
• Ensure that the storage of records conforms to the legal requirements.
• Ensure that access controls are in place nationally.
• Implement a protection and disaster recovery plan nationally.
4. Electronic Correspondence System Management:
• Ensure that the approved file plan is implemented electronically and synchronized with the paper-based system.
• Ensure that electronic records against unauthorized access and alteration.
• Ensure that audit trail is generated for all changes made to records and audit logs are kept
of the changes
5. Maintenance and development of a library:
• Develop and implement an effective library system for the HDA.
• Ensure efficient retrieval by users.
• Search external database programs for the availability of cataloguing copy.
• Develop and maintain cataloguing procedures.
• Determine the type of cataloguing required.
• Process resources for p1acement on the shelf (shelving)
• Ensure a proper reference collection for the library.
6. Document management process implementation:
• Develop an archive document plan (printed documents and electronic documents)
• Identify document and content types and control and workflow.
• Analyse document used to manage the correct access and retrieval of documents.
• Ensure effective archiving structures.
• Ensure that documents can be retrieved.
• Establish and develop a document centre.
• Coordinating off-site archiving and retrieval of documents, and interacting directly with off-site storage vendors
• Ensure effective indexing and tracking of documents for complex business, legal and regulatory purposes.
• Relevant qualification and equivalent knowledge and experience in the records and document management field or information systems and methods.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in record and document management
• It is important to have specific exposure and experience in developing and establishing a complete record and document management system of a government organisation
The closing date for applications is the 30th May 2021.
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only
Conditions of service:
The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.