Entry Date: 26 Jun 2021
Expiry Date: 11 Jul 2021
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares land as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and other affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the following five-year fixed-term contract position:
SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER (Head Office – JHB)
REPORTING LINE: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Main Purpose: Manage and oversee financial operations for the entity. Support the CFO and the organization by planning financing strategies, supervising financial activities analysis, and creating improvements in controlling procedures. Ensure policies, procedures and internal controls are in place in line with PFMA and other relevant regulations. Minimize audit findings.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Financial Reporting and Budgeting:
• Manage and oversee the budget preparation process, provide advice to stakeholders, and review the budget proposal prior to submission to CFO.
• Oversee and manage the budget monitoring process, the production of monthly and quarterly financial and performance reports and provide recommendations and advice to address significant variances.
• Manage and ensure reports are submitted timeously.
• Manage and ensure the budget is monitored and implemented accordingly.
• Manage and ensure the policies, internal controls and processes are updated.
2. Financial Management:
• Direct and manage quarterly and annual reports submissions to relevant authorities.
• Ensure the development of accuracy of all financial reports.
• Manage statutory reporting to the EXCO, Board, ARC, Department of Human Settlements, National Treasury and other stakeholders.
• Participate in the presentation of the Annual report to the Portfolio Committee.
• Manage statutory reporting to the Department of Human Settlements and National Treasury.
• Monitor the operation of accounting systems, controls and procedures in order to ensure the integrity of the financial information and review and manage the finalisation of Annual Financial Statements.
3. Fruitless and wasteful expenditure:
• Manage and identify and prepare a fruitless and wasteful expenditure register.
• Collaborate and manage the National Treasury compliance procedures on fruitless and wasteful expenditure and condonement. In line with organisation policies and procedures.
• Ensure investigation and submission to CFO and relevant parties.
• Development of Finance Policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and continuous review of policies.
• Establishing control systems for financial risk management, clean financial administration, and quality assurance of all financial activities.
• Establish and maintain financial management structure, implement and monitor financial management systems.
• Manage and ensure the implementation of the approved software systems and automate where possible.
• Support CFO and CEO on special projects and request.
5. People Management:
• Select, assign, lead and manage people.
• Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through the implementation of the performance management system.
• Build and manage relationships with staff members.
• Manage and support staff development.
• Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions.
• Implement the HDA HR policies and procedures as required.
• BCom Hons/postgraduate degree in Accounting or equivalent in Finance.
• Member of the relevant accounting body will be an advantage.
• A minimum of 15 years experience in Financial Management.
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com
Conditions of service:
The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
The closing date for applications is 11th July 2021
For enquires please contact Courtney Usher on 011 789 8282