Entry Date: 06 Aug 2021
Expiry Date: 22 Aug 2021
The HDA has the following position:
SENIOR MANAGER - PROGRAMME MANAGER: BUILDING BEST PRATICE AND EMERGENCY HOUSING
REPORTING LINE: HEAD INNOVATION CENTRE
Ref: HDA PM: BBPEH 05/2021
Main Purpose: To manage and co-ordinate implementation of the HDA programmes within the National Programme Design and Management.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Strategic Management
· Interpret and programming decisions taken at EXCO and Steering Committee level and get the work done in the specific functional area;
· Determine how to operationalize and implement the strategy and continually scan the provincial environment to optimise opportunities and mitigate risks
· Develop Annual Performance Plans and ensure alignment with NPD&M Annual Performance Plan
· Determine optimal utilisation and mobilisation of resources across other organs of State (Province, Municipalities and other public bodies)
· Set precedents for how work should be done in respect of agreed protocols/ objectives with Provinces
· Support and advise the internal and Head Office (where applicable) functionaries in respect of their operations and interface with the Province/ Municipalities and ensure coordination across the functionaries
2. Stakeholder Engagements and Consultations
· Network with relevant role-players and make appropriate contact with public sector organisations
· Gather relevant information (key decision-making processes, strategic choices and timing of priorities)
· Promote the HDA function, mandate and role through delivering presentations, networking with people, representing the HDA as well as addressing queries on the HDA services offering
· Consulting with the relevant public sector bodies to identify areas of mandate alignment (to inform the structuring of operational programmes and plans)
· Establish processes to ensure full, end-to-end coordination between all involved parties
3. Programme Management and Administration
· Overall management of strategic Programmes and all appointed staff
· Manage administrative support to ensure the effective functioning of the HDA services in the Province
· Ensure that clear and explicit work processes and procedures are established and understood in all assigned sections, and set up systems and methodologies to monitor the execution and performance of work of all staff.
· Identify inefficient and costly practices, and recommend corrective actions/improvements enhancing the performance and effectiveness of the Programme
· Control quality and quantity of work performed, guide the team and carry the overall responsibility for the task fulfilment as per the operational plan
· Oversee the assigned functionary managers that:
o Detailed Project Plans and necessary and satisfactory project procedures are established to direct all project work in order to maintain timely execution and quality of work.
o Results are compiled, documented and forwarded to in required format, quantity and quality, and ensure timely and correct presentation and explanation of results.
o Risks are proactively managed;
o Progress review and coordination meetings are held regularly with key project team members, and other project stakeholders
o Progress is diligently monitored and that bottlenecks and related issues are proactively tracked.
o Costs are properly and orderly tracked, and maintained within approved project budgets
· Project schedules are followed and deadlines are met
4. Sub-programme Management Support and Performance
· Oversee, facilitate implementation and performance on sub-programmes:
o Land Assembly for human settlements
o Upgrading of informal settlements
o Land Geo-spatial service
o Project Management support
o Catalytic Projects Design and Implementation
· Support and guide the work of the development managers responsible for the sub-programmes. This includes project planning and preparation and coordinating specific support
· Determine and operationalise processes to implement the sub-programmes in line with the overall objectives of the programme and strategy
· Provide strategic support to coordinate the plans and resource allocations between the province, municipalities and relevant sector departments to appropriately programme projects for human settlements development over the MTEF period and beyond
Quality manage and signoff all submissions and governance approvals and other inputs as may be required and agreed with the Head: NPDM
5. People Management
· Select, assign, lead and manage people
· Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system
· Build and manage relationships with staff members
· Manage and support staff development
· Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions
· Implement the HDA HR policies and procedures as required
· Manage risks and address issues as they arise
6. Qualifications and Experience
o Public Administration, Development Management, Planning Studies, Built Environment and/or Engineering
o 8 years proven and relevant experience in Engineering planning and public programme implementation. Experience in Engineering especially mechanical Engineering
o Knowledge, insight and experience of the public sector human settlements and built environment development
o Knowledge of legislation and policies regulating the human settlements sector and the built environment development
o Strategic management and superior communications skills
o Competent at Word, MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
o Ability and willingness to travel extensively
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Conditions of service:
The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
Closing date for applications is Friday 22 August 2021
For enquires please contact Lucia Mabasa on 011 325 5101.