Entry Date: 27 Feb 2021
Expiry Date: 07 Mar 2021
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that inter alia has the mandate to identify, acquire, prepare, and develop suitable land for human settlements. The agency also undertakes the programme and project management for development of housing and human settlements. The HDA carries out its functions in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers and financiers. It was established in 2009 through an Act of Parliament passed in 2008. The HDA is accountable to the Minister of Human Settlements, Water and Sanitation, through its Board of Directors.
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the following position:
Limpopo: Provincial Manager
Reporting Line: Regional Manager REFERENCE: HDA PRM/LIMP/2021
Main Purpose: To plan and manage the delivery of a provincial programme in line with the agreements and service delivery standards set out by the HDA.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Strategic management:
• Provide required and relevant information, insights and influence to the Regional strategic planning process
• Participate in finalising the strategic plan and vision
• Define targets and strategies for teams to implement in support of the achievement of the Regional strategic objectives
• Participate in the develop provincial operational plans to facilitate achievement of the overall HDA strategy
2. Contract management (management of MTOPs and other SLAs):
• Manage development of operational plans and capacity requirements to implement contracted work in terms of HDA strategy
• Manage optimal utilisation and mobilisation of resources across other organs of state (province, municipalities and other public bodies)
• Work within the agreed protocol/agreements with the provinces or local authorities
• Support and advise functionaries in respect of their operations and interface with the province/ municipalities and ensure coordination across the functionaries
3. Stakeholder engagement and consultations:
• Network with relevant role-players and make appropriate contact with public sector organisations
• Identify and explore possible new work opportunities with partners in the province and existing clients
• Align work opportunities to the HDA strategy as well as role and function of Provincial office
• Gather relevant information (key decision-making processes, strategic choices and timing of priorities)
• Promote the HDA function, mandate and role through delivering presentations and representing the HDA as well as addressing queries on the HDA services offering
• Consult with the relevant public sector bodies to identify areas of mandate alignment (to inform the structuring of operational programmes and plans)
• Establish processes to ensure full, end-to-end coordination between all involved parties
• Troubleshoot and unblock issues affecting execution of HDA work and services
4. Provincial programme management:
• Manage overall support to ensure the effective functioning of the HDA services in the Province
• Establish clear, written and explicit work processes and procedures and set up systems and methodologies to monitor the execution and performance of work of all staff.
• Review work processes and recommend corrective actions/improvements enhancing the performance and effectiveness of the Programme
• Manage control of quality and quantity of work performed, guide the team and carry the overall responsibility for the task fulfilment as per the operational plan
• Manage that the operation support plan and programme for the work includes and addresses:
o Detailed Project Plans and necessary and satisfactory project procedures are established to direct all project work in order to maintain timely execution and quality of work.
o Results are compiled, documented and forwarded to in required format, quantity and quality, and ensure timely and correct presentation and explanation of results.
o Risks are proactively managed;
o Progress review and coordination meetings are held regularly with key project team members, and other project stakeholders
o Progress is diligently monitored and that bottlenecks and related issues are proactively tracked.
o Costs are properly and orderly tracked, and maintained within approved project budgets
o Project schedules are followed and deadlines are met
5. Financial management:
• Develop the budget required for programmes within the Province
• Manage expenditure against budget
• Manage procurement in line with the relevant policies and procedures
• Address any anomalies in spend and budget
• Report on financial performance of the programme
6. Compliance management:
• Manage implementation of work within established policies, systems, procedures, processes and practices
• Provide advice and assistance to others in order to ensure their compliance with policy and governance procedures
• Identify areas of non-compliance and implement corrective action
7. People management:
• Select, assign, lead and manage people
• Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system
• Build and manage relationships with staff members
• Manage and support staff development
• Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions
• Implement the HDA HR policies and procedures as required
• Manage risks and address issues as they arise
• A relevant degree or equivalent qualification in the built environment
• At least ten (10) years’ experience including five (5) years senior management experience in the human settlements environment
• Knowledge of legislation and policies regulating the human settlement sector and the intergovernmental relations environment
• Knowledge, insight and experience of the public sector human settlement environment
• Ability and willingness to travel
Please forward recently updated CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ●Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE policy and preference will be given to people with disability(ies) and females ●The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only
Closing date for applications is 7 March 2021 .
For enquiries please contact Nhlanhla Ntuli, Tel (010) 446 7718 or firstname.lastname@example.org.