Entry Date: 13 Jun 2021
Expiry Date: 27 Jun 2021
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares land as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and other affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the following three-year fixed-term contract position:
MANAGER: PROJECT READINESS AND COMPLIANCE
REPORTING LINE: COO
Main Purpose: To develop, implement and maintain control systems and workflows to prevent violation of set guidelines/standards and organisational policies relating to projects.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Systems and Processes:
• Ensure compliance of projects with industry standards and in-house policies and systems, including periodic review and improvement of these
• Establish quality management system (QMS) on projects in line with established norms and standards
• Develop control systems and workflows relating to project planning, procurement, implementation and closure
• Establish a communication policy on the degree of compliance, dissemination of information and with regards to changes on standard policies
• Provide advice and assistance to others in order to ensure their compliance with policy, governance procedures, as well as industry standards
• Develop and maintain electronic and paper filing systems on project compliance
• Ensure the development of a Project Readiness Evaluation Process which must be a systematic and full spectrum of the project implementation process, identifies risk or issues etc
• Manage the evaluation process which will examine the potential impact to the organisation, people, technology and process
• Prepare detailed reports to assist improvements to the HDA on all projects and programmes - with a deliberate focus on the key success factors for the planned implementation
2. Compliance Management:
• Undertake independent review and provide feedback on the project planning, procurement, execution and closure
• Identify risks and control weaknesses before they adversely affect projects
• Assessing and improving the organisation’s project execution capability, including identifying areas of non-compliance and advice on requisite corrective actions
• Escalation of project mismanagement to project sponsors and management to prevent potential reputational damage or project failure
• Implement relative IT tools and systems to support compliance measures
• Identify and report on thematic project management issues across projects
• Monitor progress and compile reports, dashboards and other reporting tools on project status
• Assist in preparing for internal and external project reviews and audits
• Providing support and training to staff to build awareness on the project compliance environment within the organisation
3. Implementation and Monitoring:
• The operational readiness must ensure the project management lifecycle within the organisation aligned to all its projects and programmes and services are ready for the introduction and delivery of new products and services
• This position provides a consistent and standard framework in creating and implementing readiness plans for the projects and programmes
• Facilitate and support the work of the various development workstreams established to support the various projects
• Managing the development and implementation of the new project and programmes, mapping the service execution process, and ensuring that the project is equipped with the resources, skills and tools for the execution of these project and programmes
• Provide advice and assistance to others in order to ensure their compliance with policy and governance procedures aligned to the approved project systems and processes
• Identify areas of non-compliance and advise and implement corrective action
• Facilitating continuous improvement initiatives across the Project Management service by streamlining business processes to achieve overall excellence
• Monitor the success areas and areas of improvement and prepare the lesson learnt report to assist the organisation in attaining continuous improvement.
• Degree in Civil Engineering
• Professional registration is a requirement, i.e Pr.CPM and PMP
• 5 years’ experience in the large built environment, including planning and implementation of human settlements projects
• Must have knowledge of quality management systems
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
Conditions of service:
The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
The closing date for applications is 27 June 2021
For enquires please contact John Brouckaert on 011 267 2920