Entry Date: 01 Aug 2021
Expiry Date: 15 Aug 2021
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares land as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and other affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency is established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
The HDA has the following: Three (3) year fixed term contract.
Manager: Public Relations
• HDA staff
• Media houses
• All HDA internal and external Stakeholders
Main Purpose of Job: To drive the overall Public Relation Strategy for the HDA on the basis of the agreed strategy, devise and be responsible for the delivery of the Annual Performance Plan, which includes plans for the marketing and communications budget, demonstrating value for money and return on investment.
Key Responsibility Area
• Manage and coordinating of all public relations activities for the HDA
• Developing a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, online media or any other applicable platforms
• Responsible for planning publicity strategies and campaigns
• Managing all written and producing presentations and press releases etc.
• Coordinate all public relations activities
• Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
• Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
• Manage media inquiries and interview requests and dealing with all related enquiries from the public, the press, and related organisations.
• Organising and attending promotional events such as press conferences, exhibitions, site visits etc.
• Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of: a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the HDA’s image and position within the country
• Facilitate internal and external public relations activities, materials including publications and media relations;
• Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all HDA publications.
• Coordinate media interest in the HDA and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
• Act as the HDA’s representative with the media.
• Coordinate the appearance of all HDA’s print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
• Ensure that the HDA regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity while also monitoring trends.
• Lead projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events
• Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
HDA Brand and Image Promotion and Development
• Identify and utilize all opportunities (including media) to build the HDA brand image
• Represent the HDA in all relevant industry forums
• Communicate benefits and value of the HDA
• Maintain strong organisational networks within the human development / housing community that are or may be stakeholders in the HDA
• Build the HDA profile in all relevant communities including the human development / housing community
• Degree in Public Relations, Marketing and/or Communications
• Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
• Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
• Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of media, including social media and relevant regulations
• A track record of proven delivery, demonstrating both creative and analytical skills
• An ability to manage projects with two or more stakeholders using a collaborative and professional approach and to operate well under pressure
• An ability to work independently and take decisions – but know when to seek guidance ‐ and deliver to deadlines
• Experience of managing budgets and maximising their effectiveness
Please click on the link and upload your relevant CV in Microsoft Word format to: https://www.affirmativeportfolios.co.za/hda/- (follow the link to the correct reference number for your positions and complete the application)
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 15 August 2021
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note that if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Sacha Meyerson 011 883- 5035 or 0825794252 – Sacham@affirm.co.za
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.