Entry Date: 01 Aug 2021
Expiry Date: 15 Aug 2021
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares land as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and other affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the following three-year fixed term contract position:
Project Manager – Engineer CPP
REPORTING LINE: PROGRAMME MANAGER
Main Purpose: To define, manage and monitor the HDA Engineering, infrastructure, and project technical support to the province as well as capture or develop support products and tools, lessons learnt and good practices.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Project Development:
• Develop and maintain the programme
• Align programme to HDA strategic direction, policy, and plans
• Take into account and accommodate sector development and changes in the programme approach and strategy tailored for specific service offering to organs of state
2. Programme support and services to clients:
• Develop project plans to ensure achievement of agreed services
• Define project feasibility factors, resourcing requirements and project deliverables and time frames
• Develop project plans in line with HDA project service offering
• Develop appropriate terms of reference for appointment of project resources
• Implement appropriate procurement practices to ensure appointment of required project resources in line with project timeframes.
• Reporting in terms of service to client
• Accommodate any changes and/or specific related client request as part of programme offering
3. Programme Resource Management and alignment:
• Procure required project resources by meeting the requirements of HDA SCM policy
• Monitor performance and provide feedback to identified resources on performance
• Ensure alignment of external resources to project, regional and internal capacity support on the programme
4. Programme Budgeting and Financial Management:
• Develop project/programme budgets in line with agreed feasibilities and available funding
• Monitor project expenditure against budget and project deliverables
• Address any project budget variance
• Provide feedback and input to overall HDA budget
5. Develop support tools, products, lessons learnt and Best Practice:
• Identify project design, planning, implementation, management and monitoring best practices that emerge from HDA projects and programmes interventions
• Identify and develop possible support tools and product and opportunities
• Identify and develop opportunities to enhance and improve any existing support tools and products
• Review best practices developed and amend to accurately reflect lesson learnt
• Integrate lesson learnt into new project design, planning, implementation, management, and monitoring methodologies.
• Registration with a relevant professional body
• A civil engineering degree or an equivalent
• Project and programme management qualification required
• At least five (5) years’ experience in government programmes and human settlement / housing programmes and policies required
• Excellent understanding and at least five (5) years’ working experience in a PFMA/MFMA and public entities environment
• At least five (5) years’ experience in related construction sector and role players in the sector
• Willing to travel extensively
• Computer literate
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
Closing date for applications is 15 August 2021
For enquiries please contact Courtney Usher on 011 789 8282