Entry Date: 01 Aug 2021
Expiry Date: 15 Aug 2021
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares land as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and other affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the following permanent position:
Senior Manager: Marketing and External Communications
REPORTING LINE: EXECUTIVE CEO
Main Purpose: To drive the overall Public Relations Strategy for the HDA on the basis of the agreed strategy, devise and be responsible for the delivery of the Annual Marketing & Communications Plan, which includes plans for the marketing and communications budget, demonstrating value for money and return on investment.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Marketing, communications and public relations:
• Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of: a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the HDA’s image and position within the country;
• Facilitate internal and external communications and, HDA marketing, communications and public relations activities, materials including publications and media relations;
• Ensure articulation of HDA’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Agency, and assure communication of image and position to all stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all HDA publications.
• Coordinate media interest in the HDA and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
• Act as the HDA’s representative with the media.
• Coordinate the appearance of all HDA’s print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
• Ensure that the HDA regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity while also monitoring trends.
• Lead projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
2. HDA Brand and Image Promotion and Development:
• Identify and utilize all opportunities (including media) to build the HDA brand image
• Represent the HDA in all relevant industry forums
• Communicate benefits and value of the HDA
• Maintain strong organisational networks within the human development / housing community that are or may be stakeholders in the HDA
• Build the HDA profile in all relevant communities including the human development / housing community
3. People Management:
• Select, assign, lead and manage people
• Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system
• Build and manage relationships with staff members
• Manage and support staff development
• Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions
• Implement the HDA HR policies and procedures as required
• Manage risks and address issues as they arise
• A degree in Marketing and/or Communications
• At least 5 years’ experience of marketing and communications with a brand or brands of reputable standing
• A knowledge and understanding of media, including social media
• A track record of proven delivery, demonstrating both creative and analytical skills
• Successful line management of at least one team member
• An ability to manage projects with two or more stakeholders using a collaborative and professional approach and to operate well under pressure
• An ability to work independently and take decisions – but know when to seek guidance ‐ and deliver to deadlines
• Experience of managing budgets and maximising their effectiveness
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
Closing date for applications is 15 August 2021
For enquiries please contact Jabulani Hadebe on 011 763 1103/4 OR 068 554 4462