Entry Date: 15 May 2021
Expiry Date: 30 May 2021
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares land as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and other affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the Four-year fixed-term contract position:
ASSISTANT TOWN PLANNER (BLOEMFONTEIN)
REPORTING LINE: PROJECT MANAGER: TOWN PLANNER
Ref: HDA PM-LA/2021
Main Purpose: To provide technical support in terms of land acquisition, project planning and packaging for the development of human settlements.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Land and Property Identification:
• Implement a set of criteria for appropriate land identification
• Collect a variety of statistical data and prepare reports and maps on topics such as census information, land use
• Collate and compile land record information in support of land identification for human settlement developments
• Identify appropriate land and properties for the HDA
• Research opportunities related to land
• Identify suitable land for HDA to acquire
• Assess land in line with the HDA criteria and strategy
• Engage with stakeholders around pre-identified land
• Research viability of the land
• Assess the land in line with the HDA criteria and strategy
2. Land Suitability Assessment:
• Assess land potential in terms of the approved pre-acquisition feasibility model in relation to:
o Geotechnical assessments
o Land use assessments
o Environmental impact assessments
o Financial feasibility assessments including valuations
o Integrated development and social infrastructure assessments
o Development potential and assessments
o Infrastructure capability and capacity assessment
o Any other relevant assessments
o Draft layout plans to support land release requests from government departments
o Develops planning studies and reports in support of HDA land acquisition programme
o Conducts field evaluations and assessment
3. Development Planning
• Provide support and information for submission of development applications
• Manage the land use management processes for the HDA
• Evaluates or assists in the evaluation of rezoning, statutory applications, site plans, and other town planning related plans and policies
• A relevant diploma/degree in Town Planning is required
• 2 years’ experience in the built environment is required.
• Knowledge of GIS and AutoCAD or related spatial information systems will be an added advantage
• Sound knowledge and understanding of deeds information
• Knowledge of human settlements development be an added advantage
The closing date for applications is 30th May 2021.
For enquires please contact Nhlanhla Ntuli, Tel (010) 446 7718
Please forward recently updated CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only
Conditions of service:
The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.