Entry Date: 15 Jan 2022
Expiry Date: 23 Jan 2022
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares land as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and other affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency is established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
The HDA has the following: Five (5) year fixed term contract.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Location: Head Office – Johannesburg
Reporting Line: Chief Executive Officer
Main Purpose: To manage the finances, financial sustainability, the financial stability, and health of the HDA and to manage implementation of compliant financial practices.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Strategic Management:
⦁ Provide required and relevant information, insights, and influence to the HDA strategic planning process
⦁ Participate in finalizing the strategic plan and vision
⦁ Develop the financial strategy to support the overall organisational strategy
⦁ Define targets and strategies for team to implement in support of the achievement of the HDA strategic objectives
Develop unit operational plans to facilitate achievement of the organisational strategy
2. Financial Management:
· Manage the effective implementation of the HDA financial strategy and delivery of financial objectives and requirements
· Present defined financial reporting to senior management and Board
· Implement financial systems and policies in the organisation to ensure compliance with good practice principles
· Strategic direction of Accounting and Finance functions
· Creating and enforcing accounting and finance policies, procedures, and internal controls
· Managing and overseeing independent auditors
· Overseeing financial system upgrades and changes
3. Audit Management:
· Oversee the effective completion of the annual audit
· Manage the resolution of any identified audit issues
· Manage presentation of annual financial statements and any other related matters to the Audit Committee
· Manage implementation of corrective action required to address issues raised in the management letter
4. Budget Management:
· Manage the collection of relevant information required to define the budget
· Plan the budget process, time frames and activities to complete within the budget delivery deadlines
· Advise HDA management and staff when formulating their budgets
· Drive delivery of each phase of the budget process to ensure timely completion
· Monitor approved budget – costs, cost control and budget discipline
· Implement and maintain agreed budget monitoring and control processes
· Analyse budget variations, determine causes, and recommend actions to control budget within constraints Report on and address budget variances
5. Risk Management and Compliance:
· Manage financial compliance with all relevant tax, governance, regulatory and statutory requirements
· Conduct a risk assessment of HDA projects
· Mitigating business risks
· Managing insurance and other financial protections
· Manage the implementation of risk management strategies in line with the overall risk profile and risk management plan
· Assist the Board with regard to compliance in terms of the PFMA
6. Supply Chain Management:
· Chair bid adjudication committee
· Review and approve supply chain policy
· Manage implementation of supply chain policy
· Manage compliance of policies with government circulars, guidelines, and requirements
· Manage communication of procurement decisions to service providers
· Manage archiving and filing of contracts and agreements as per requirement
7. Public Officer:
· Accept legal responsibilities of the position of public officer as required by SARS
· Represent HDA in any matters that require the Public Officers input
8. People Management:
· Select, assign, lead and manage people
· Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system
· Build and manage relationships with staff members
· Manage and support staff development
· Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions
· Implement the HDA HR policies and procedures as required
· Manage risks and address issues as they arise
⦁ Relevant Honours Degree or equivalent in Finance is required
⦁ A CA (SA) qualification is required
⦁ Minimum of 10 years relevant experience with at least 5 years at a senior level
⦁ Excellent understanding and experience in working with the PFMA/MFMA/SCM legislation/Public Finance and public entities
⦁ Mitigating business risks
⦁ Managing insurance and other financial protections
⦁ Leading and managing the financial health and demonstrating the core values of Performance Orientation, Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Teamwork
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ●Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE policy and preference will be given to people with disability and females ●The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas, or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
Closing date for applications is 23 January 2022.
For enquires please contact Nhlanhla Ntuli on 010 446 7718 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.