Entry Date: 17 Jul 2019
Expiry Date: 28 Jul 2019
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA
The HDA has the following five-year fixed-term contract position:
Head: Company Secretary and Legal Counsel
Main Purpose: To fulfil the Company Secretarial duties and responsibilities of ensuring the Board and its sub-committees meet all legislated and corporate governance requirements. To provide for effective document management for the HDA. To support the Board by providing expert legal advice thereby ensuring and maintaining a sound corporate governance environment and serve as the liaison between the Board, the relevant legal authorities, its advisory bodies and internal and external stakeholders on all governance and legal matters.
Key Responsibility Area
• Strategic management
• Corporate governance and legal counsel
• Board administration and support
• Document management
• People management
• Financial management
• Compliance management
• Postgraduate degree in Law
• 10 years’ or more of experience in the practice of law or Company Secretarial services is required with at least five years in a senior role
• Knowledge of leadership and management principles
• Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements impacting the HDA and corporate governance
• Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act (PMFA) and other relevant legislation
• Knowledge of technical aspects of company secretariat
• Knowledge of public sector will be an advantage
• Financial and risk management experience will be an advantage
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not comply with the above requirements your application will NOT be considered.
Closing date for applications: 28 July 2019
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Kindly take note if you have not been contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date; please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Sacha Meyerson (011) 883-5035
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.