Entry Date: 07 Feb 2021
Expiry Date: 14 Feb 2021
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the following three (3) year fixed term contract position:
COORDINATOR PROGRAMME MANAGER: ALEXANDER REDEVELOPMENT
Location: HDA Head Office, Johannesburg
Reporting Line: Regional Manager- REGION B
Ref: HDA: CPM (2021)
Main Purpose: To support the CEO’s Office through development drive and manage the HDA’s Prioritised Programmes and Projects
Key Performance Areas:
1. Integrated Development Planning Management:
• Drive the development of Greater Alexandra Redevelopment Grand Plan and Implementation Plan
• Ensure the alignment of Alexandra Redevelopment Plan with provincial and municipal delivery plans
• Review and provide guidance in the development of Alexandra Redevelopment programmes operational plans
2. Management of the Alex Command Centre:
• Management of the Alex Command Centre and review of the development dashboard
3. Operational Programme Management:
• Manage and Coordinate the Greater Alexandra Programme Implementation plans
• Manage the delivery of various programmes priorities
• Track performance against performance targets
• Gather data and analyse performance in line with the performance metrics
4. Establishment of Special Purpose Vehicle:
• Facilitate the establishment of special purpose vehicle to coordinate public and private sector co-investment in the Greater Alexandra Redevelopment Programme.
• Ensure the operationalisation and functioning of the SPV
5. Stakeholder Relationships Management:
• Provide leadership to the programme team in the management of key stakeholder relationships
• Facilitate the establishment of the Alexandra social compact
• Network with relevant role-players and make appropriate contacts with public and private sector organisations
• Facilitate the establishment and functioning of community business forums
• Identify and explore possible development opportunities with partners across the province
6. People Management:
• Lead and manage the teams assigned to the programme
• Manage and report performance of direct reports and measure performance against agreed goals and deal with areas of non-performance
• Lead the development of direct reports to ensure that staff receive adequate and relevant training
• Provide leadership to create a working environment which contributes to improved staff morale
7. Finance / Budget Management:
• Develop consolidated budget required for the Alexandra Redevelopment programme
• Manage expenditure against programme budget
• Participate in the review and approval of the operational and capital budget required for the programme
• Oversee the management of procurement in line with the relevant policies and procedures
8. Development Workstreams Coordination:
• Facilitate and support the work of the various development work streams established to support the Alexandra Redevelopment Programme
• Attends and coordinate work stream meetings
• Consolidates and report on the work of the work streams to the IMC, Steering Committee and EXCO
• Minimum relevant B Degree or equivalent qualification
• Project or Programme Management qualifications is an advantage
• Minimum 10 years’ experience of which 5 years at a senior management level
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Senior Programme or Project Manager
• Experience in large scale complex developments
• Experience in working with the PFMA/MFMA and public entities
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
Conditions of service:
The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
Closing date for applications is: 14 February 2021
For enquires please contact John Brouckaert on 011 267 2920 or firstname.lastname@example.org.