Entry Date: 23 Mar 2021
Expiry Date: 04 Apr 2021
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares land as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and other affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the following three-year fixed-term contract position:
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (NORTH - WEST)
REPORTING LINE: PROVINCIAL MANAGER
Ref: HDA DM-NW/2021
Main Purpose: To control and coordinate all material aspects of projects and project managers that are responsible for projects to ensure developments are completed on time, within budget and to specifications while meeting all role-player expectations.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Strategic Management:
• Participate in the management of the Regional Office.
• Contributing as a manager to the overall effective functioning of the HDA assigned projects in the Province
• Ensuring the integration of the different functions within the regional office to ensure optimal delivery of the HDA mandate on assigned projects
• Ensure the alignment of projects to the broader HDA strategy and strategic intention.
2. Project Management:
• Establishing and enhancing systems to implement and manage a range of projects and project managers simultaneously
• Establishing a coordinated communication system for all active projects
• Developing and implementing a project risk management framework
• Recognizing key project constraints facing the projects and coordinating the successful resolution of the challenges
• Developing and managing the implementation of project plans
• Overseeing project teams including internal and external stakeholders and participants
• Driving and managing project technical meetings
• Managing and monitoring the implementation of a project communication plan
• Managing the project budgets and monitoring variances
• Drafting and managing project reporting
• Chairing allocated technical and progress meetings
• Managing health and safety on all project sites
• Ensuring legal and contractual compliance on all project sites
• Monitor that projects meet role player requirements.
3. Project Planning:
• Managing the project budgeting and cash flows
• Managing the liaison with project-related stakeholders
• Managing the development of project roles and resourcing plans
• Manage the allocation of resources (both internal and external) and required outputs
• Managing the development of project plans
• Agreeing on project milestones and reporting requirements on projects
4. Project Funding Management:
• Controlling the standard of funding applications
• Monitoring the project funding progress
• Identifying and addressing project funding challenges
5. Project Related Procurement:
• Managing the development of appropriate TORs for project-related procurement
• Evaluating proposals and appointing relevant service providers to facilitate project-related delivery
6. People Management:
• Select, assign, lead and manage people
• Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system
• Build and manage relationships with staff members
• Manage and support staff development
• Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions
• Implement the HDA HR policies and procedures as required
• Manage risks and address issues as they arise
• Relevant Degree in Engineering or Construction or equivalent built environment discipline
• Driver’s licence
• Computer literacy
• 10-12 years experience in a Project Management role. A minimum of 5 years of this experience must be at the management level
• Registration as a Construction Project Manager or other recognized equivalent professional accreditation
• Experience in housing construction and/or infrastructure-based project management
• Experience in the delivery and project management of low income/affordable housing projects is preferable.
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to recruit-DM@ebustech-consulting.co.za
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
Conditions of service:
The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
The closing date for applications is 4 April 2021
For enquires please contact Ms Notabo Mvane on 086 100 9999