Entry Date: 03 Dec 2022
Expiry Date: 11 Dec 2022
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that inter alia has the mandate to identify, acquire, prepare and develop suitable land for human settlements. The agency also undertakes the programme and project management for development of housing and human settlements. The HDA carries out its functions in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers and financiers. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements.
For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the following fixed term contract positions:
Officer: Supply Chain Management (X2 Positions)
Location: Head Office - Johannesburg
Reporting Line: Manager: Supply Chain Management
Ref: HDA OSCM 2022
Main Purpose: To implement effective Supply Chain Management (SCM) policies and practices and provide administrative support to the SCM unit.
Key Performance Areas:
• Daily management of procurement to pay process for all provinces
• Receive and assess requisitions with the purpose of determining the procurement strategy to be used
• Issue and place request for quotations in the relevant media and HDA website
• Evaluate supplier offers in line with the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act and the HDA Supply Chain Policies and Procedures
• Identify and analyse commodities with the objective of creating contracts
• Compile monthly purchase order reports
• Report on savings, cost reduction and avoidance
• Keep all documents (Requisitions, quotations, and orders) together for filing purposes
• Provide support to HDA staff in the interpretation, implementation, and procurement policy for purchases under R1 million
• Place adverts in appropriate media for the required time period
• Preparing, issuing of RFX documents
• In conjunction with user departments, evaluate supplier offers and recommend
• Provide guidance to the end users in terms of the RFX procedures
• Confirm service level agreements are in place prior to formal appointment where applicable (i.e., services)
• Compile and prepare SCM report after evaluation of bids
• Coordinate the loading and updating of vendors into the Sage 300 system
• Manage the rotation of vendors
• Report on non-performance by vendors
• Verify documents received against contract checklist
• Follow-up on outstanding contracts and all relevant documentation
• Report on contracts that are about to expire, and action taken
• Assist with the contracts register
• Safekeeping and filing of contracts
• Draft standard contracts for approval
Bid Committees Administration:
• Compile BAC packs after evaluation
• Minute taking at BSC if required
• Presenting submissions to Quotation Committee
• Serving as a member of the Quotation Committee
Administration and Filing:
• Assist with the updating of the HDA website with all adverts, calls for proposals and proposal awards
• Monitor movement of contracts
• National Diploma in Purchasing /Logistics
• Three (3) Years SCM experience
• Competent in MS Outlook, Excel intermediate, PowerPoint intermediate and Word Intermediate
• Competent at ACCPAC
• Good communication, analytical and administrative skills
• Knowledge of PFMA, PPPFA and National Treasury Regulations, Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE)
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com
Remuneration Scale: R394 200 – R492 750 per annum (all-inclusive package)
Kindly note that should you not receive a response within 21 days please consider your application unsuccessful.
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ●Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE Policy and preference will be given to people with disability and females ●The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas, or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
Closing date for applications: 11 December 2022
For enquiries, please contact Virgilene Moodley on 011 267 2920