Entry Date: 19 Nov 2020
Expiry Date: 27 Nov 2020
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares land as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and other affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the following three-year fixed term contract position:
Position: Manager: Subsidy
Location: Western Cape
Reference: Manager: Subsidy (2020)
Main Purpose: To manage and lead the collection, capture of and reporting on data to support the effective takeover, handover and management of projects.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Develop, implement and manage systems to control and monitor:
o Receipt of information and documents from contractors relating to beneficiaries
o Quality of information and data
o Sorting of documents and data that has been received
o Capture of information of into various databases and spreadsheets
o Storage of documents and source data
o Tracking and resolving beneficiary queries
• Manage the quality of data that is captured into the database
• Manage the storage and safekeeping of source documents
• Manage duplication of source documents
• Manage the tracking and resolution of beneficiary queries
• Design and implement database and spreadsheet formats
• Define reports to be sourced from databases and spreadsheets on which data is captured
• Access information and compile reports as required
• Collate periodic reports as required
• Liaise on outcomes from data collection and capturing with
o Local / provincial government departments
o Community Liaison Officers (regarding beneficiary)
• Liaise with CLO’s and contractors regarding information that requires correction or updating from beneficiaries
• Attend meetings as and when required
• Select, assign, lead and manage people
• Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system
• Build and manage relationships with staff members
• Manage and support staff development
• Develop and manage the implementation of succession plans for key individuals and critical positions
• Implement the HDA HR policies and procedures as required
• Manage risks and address issues as they arise
• A relevant Post Matric certification / diploma
• Computer literacy
• Competence in Microsoft Excel
• 5-6 years’ experience in large administrative office. At least 2 years of this are at a staff supervisor level.
• Experience in housing construction and/or infrastructure-based environment is preferred
• Experience in the delivery of affordable housing projects is preferable.
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of service:
The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
Closing date for applications is 27 November 2020
For enquiries please contact John Brouckaert on 011 267 2920