Entry Date: 15 Mar 2021
Expiry Date: 27 Mar 2021
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that acquires and prepares land as well as develop the land and project manage the development of housing and human settlements. We carry out our activities in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers, financiers and other affected parties. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements. For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the following three-year fixed term contract position:
PROJECT FACILITATOR: BUCKET ERADICATION PROGRAMME
REPORTING LINE: PROGRAMME MANAGER: BUCKET ERADICATION PROGRAMME
Ref: HDA PF:BEP/2021
Main Purpose: To facilitate buy-in to HDA projects by the beneficiary communities so that the communities are successfully moved to new BNG homes in a controlled and constructive manner supported by understanding and community support.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Community Liaison:
• Community engagement
o Creating effective communication networks with the community
o Promoting the project to the community
o Building a trusting and open relationship with the community through open, honest and realistic communication with the community
o Assisting to resolve conflicts involving the contractors and beneficiary communities
• Community Education
o Improving community knowledge about the housing and relocation process
o Providing feedback and insight into the construction and development process
o Setting up and implementing the services required to ensure understanding of the process in both the community and individual beneficiaries
o Develop and run training programmes that will promote project objectives
• HDA / community intermediary
o Establish systems required to liaise with the Project Managers and Project Administrators on the project status to provide feedback to communities
o Advising Project Manager and contractors on cross cultural matters and awareness
• Assisting in building a beneficiary and stakeholder database
• Developing and compiling reports as required
• Establishing and maintaining good practice guidelines
• Ensuring the correctness, compliance and timeous collection of documentation received via contractors
• Any other reasonable administration requirements that may present themselves in the day to day functioning of the project
• Verify beneficiaries to ensure that they are eligible and rightful beneficiaries
• Oversee relocation of beneficiaries from informal to formal structures, including attending to administrative processes, namely signing of relocation certificates, verifying beneficiary details and conforming that legitimate beneficiaries have been relocated
• Assist in undertaking surveys to confirm details of occupants and their structures, formal or informal
• At least a grade 12 or equivalent qualification
• Three (3) years’ experience in a large scale social / development environment of which two (2) years must have been in a Community Liaison role
• Computer Literacy
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
Conditions of service:
The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ● Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA Employment Equity policy ● The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
Closing date for applications is 27 March 2021
For enquiries please contact John Brouckaert on 011 267 2920