Entry Date: 01 Jan 1970
Expiry Date: 11 Dec 2022
The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that inter alia has the mandate to identify, acquire, prepare and develop suitable land for human settlements. The agency also undertakes the programme and project management for development of housing and human settlements. The HDA carries out its functions in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers and financiers. Established in 2009, the Agency was established by an Act of Parliament in 2008 and is accountable through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements.
For more information about the HDA, please visit our website: www.thehda.co.za.
Follow us on Twitter @The_HDA and on Facebook: TheHDA.
The HDA has the following fixed-term contract position:
Specialist: Supply Chain Management
Location: Head Office - Johannesburg
Reporting Line: Manager: Supply Chain Management
Ref: HDA SSCM 2022
Main Purpose: To manage and implement effective Supply Chain Management (SCM) Policies and Practices within the HDA.
Key Performance Areas:
Tender process management:
Bid Specification and Calls for Proposals
• Participate in and provide advice at Bid Specification meetings to ensure that SCM policies are complied with for tenders
• Provide advice in the development of Calls for Proposal to ensure that SCM policies are complied with
• Take minutes if required
Tender Documentation Preparation and Advertising
• Establish industry based tender compliance requirements (e.g. CIDB, NHBRC) through reviewing scope of the terms of reference and integrating the compliance requirements into the tender documentation as required.
• Distribute the draft tender advert template to facilitate the line manager drafting a tender advert
• Place advert in appropriate media for the required time period
• Receive tenders/proposals either through email or hard copy submitted tenders, implement the required tender receipt management process.
• Review submitted tenders/proposals for SCM compliance through checking submissions against the requirements defined in the Terms of Reference or Calls for Proposal.
• Prepare a report highlighting the compliant and non-compliant submissions with explanations to the Bid Evaluation Committee
Bid Evaluation Committee
• Schedule and convene a Bid Evaluation Committee through identifying key participants and distributing relevant materials
• Minute the Bid Evaluation Committee meeting through capturing the key aspects of the evaluation discussion
• Provide advice on compliance and SCM related matters as required at the Bid Evaluation Committee meeting
• Apply the BEE and Pricing formulae to the tenderers that meet the Bid Evaluation assessment criteria and identify the highest rated tenders
• Prepare the packs for the Bid Adjudication Committee
Bid Adjudication Management:
• Manage the approval, signature and storage of BAC minutes and reports
• Manage the communication of the outcome of the BAC or Proposal Review process with successful and unsuccessful bidders in line with the established policy
• Refer any queries from bidders related to tender/proposal outcomes to SCM and Contracts Manager
Contract Management System:
• Conduct SCM compliance checking of contracts that have been awarded and contracts on the contracts register to ensure compliance with the SCM policy
• Manage the loading of contracts onto the contract management system
• Maintain the contract register for tenders through updating register with all contract changes monthly
Supplier/Service Provider Management:
• Address any supplier database errors with the Procurement Administrator
• Approve the sharing of the HDA service providers and preferred suppliers with all HDA staff through the intranet
• Manage the validity of compliance data for preferred suppliers through ensuring that relevant documentation is provided and updated annually
Vendor System Management:
• Manage the loading of approved vendors onto the vendor system in line with the defined contract nature and SCM requirements
• Manage the issuing of purchase orders for loaded and approved vendors to ensure they are complaint with the SCM requirements
• Approve purchase orders for procurement between R30 000 and R100 000 in line with the delegated authority level and SCM policy requirements
• Manage the annual vendor details validation and updating process through checking the accuracy of information captured
Reporting and Administration:
• Draft reports as required including:
o BBBEE and SMME reports
o Contract register reports
• Undertake all required administration as necessary
• Relevant degree or equivalent in SCM or similar
• Public sector procurement experience is essential
• Computer literate
• Minimum five (5) years public procurement experience
Please forward a relevant CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to Virgilene@isilumko.co.za.
Remuneration Scale: R521 200- R651 556 per annum (all-inclusive package)
Kindly note that should you not receive a response within 21 days please consider your application unsuccessful.
Conditions of service: The HDA is an equal opportunity employer ●Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE policy and preference will be given to people with disability and females ●The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
Closing date for applications: 11 December 2022
For enquiries, please contact Virgilene Moodley on 011 267 2920